Having used the same mouthwash for several decades, trying a new one was daunting. I decided to give the Oil Pulling Mouthwash – Activated Charcoal by Georganics a try (in addition to the Georganics Mouthwash Tablets which I reviewed last month).
Georganics added 1g/100ml of activated charcoal from coconut shells to this blend of virgin organic coconut oil and peppermint essential oil gives it a unique mildly abrasive quality. The highly porous activated charcoal traps bacteria and removes stains, cleansing and whitening teeth naturally. .
Whereas Georganics Mouthwash Tablets – Thyme became part of my daily routine, the Oil Pulling Mouthwash, although good, is something I have ended up using weekly… I think it is a personal thing: It ticks all of the boxes: My teeth look, and feel, great after usage, and my breath is fresh – however I would not have substituted this from my old mouthwash – nor for the tablets. It is something I am using every week or so, but that is it.
- Free from fluoride, SLS & glycerin
- Plaque reducing blend with organic coconut oil
- PETA cruelty-free & Vegan
- In recyclable glass bottle, aluminium lid and compostable box
Variations / Flavours
- Oil Pulling Mouthwash – Activated Charcoal
- Oil Pulling Mouthwash – English Peppermint
- Oil Pulling Mouthwash – Orange
- Oil Pulling Mouthwash – Pure
- Oil Pulling Mouthwash – Spearmint
- Oil Pulling Mouthwash – Tea Tree
Despite my experience, I might try a mint or tea tree variation of this product to see if I get on with it any better… I will wait for this one to run out first though!